Hitched!

Hitched!
The knot has been tied

Monday, July 5, 2010

Meeeow. Prrrrrr.

Meeeeow. Prrrrr.

To some of you who have seen me recently, this may come as no surprise, but yeah, pretty much anywhere I go, I get catcalls. They’ll even be with their wives and they will still cat call out to me. I’m pretty much irresistible. No matter where I waddle, I WILL get a catcall. SO finally, I can hold my chins up high and be like ‘yah, that’s right. See this. I know you want it. Sizzle, sizzle.’ I LOVE this place!!!!!

So I was going to put together a list of 1. Things that just don’t make any friggin sense at all here and 2. Things that make total sense. Then I thought, well why I don’t I just let you all be the judges:

1. eggs and milk are not refrigerated. Milk on the shelf today (un-refrigerated) will have an expiration date of Nov. 2010.
2. Light syrup cost less than regular. Less sugar, soooo….
3. Bicycles are required to have license plates. Now mind you, we don’t have one on our truck because they ran out of the metal to make them.
4. Sticking with bicycles, they need to be registered but our boat doesn’t.
5. If you choose to register a boat, you need a lawyer to register it. Granted it only cost $4 to register, but you still need a lawyer.
6. Bottled water is at least 2xs the cost of a beer. Hello, no brainer!!!
7. Electricity and water mix, right? If you are so lucky (or unlucky) to have hot water, the showerheads have a switch, just like a light switch. You turn it on and the electrical coil in the head heats the water before it comes down on you. Remember what I said about the quality of their building here. They use a lot of tape. They are called ‘suicide showers’ for good reason. We take a lot of cold showers. If you can call 80 degree water cold. (See picture on blog)
8. I’m going to just go ahead and tell you this MAKES TOTAL SENSE: went to the pharmacy and here is my actual conversation:
Me: habla English? (do you speak English)
Pharmicist: Si (Yes)
Me: PHEW!
Me: Hello. I just moved here and I’m wondering if I can get birth control without seeing a doctor
Pharmacist: Of course
Me: PHEW!
Pharmacist: What kind?
Me: The kind that doesn’t make babies
Pharmacist: Ah, yes, muy importa (Very important).
Me thinking to self: (Well yeah, I’m not taking them because they taste good like a nice hunk of sheet cake. God what I’d give for a piece of sheet cake)
Pharmacist: (brings me to counter, holds up small box) Ah, yes, yes, these work pretty good.
Me: Pretty good you say? Ok, I’ll take my chances. We can always use the extra bait if they fail.
Pharmacist: GET OUT.
Ok so the last 2 lines I made up. But seriously, ‘these work pretty good’ PRETTY GOOD! Doesn’t that imply some kind of failure rate? In any event, I made my purchase. Will keep you posted.

Remember my frustration with the napkin situation here. (See photo attached to blog.) Notice size of napkins balled up next to fork.

Fischer just loves chasing the ‘flying squirrels’. He goes like mad and then crashes (See photo on blog)

Taking Gata Solo out tomorrow. Wish us luck. It will only be our 2nd trip out on her. Can’t wait!!!! We need food!

No comments:

Post a Comment