Hitched!

Hitched!
The knot has been tied

Friday, June 4, 2010

Random stuff

Every night at least 3 times we spring out of bed from a crash sound. The cause: Mango’s falling on the metal roof across the street.

Speaking of mangos. OH MY FRIGGIN GOD. It’s mango madness here. Every day we have a few mangos. Let me tell ya, they do the body good!

Fischer is so proud. He’s been able to actually capture some priced sized flies. We are looking for some driftwood to mount a couple on. I think the heat causes them to be slower than the buggers we are used to at home. We gave him some special bologna as a treat for his hunting skills.

Bologna…the only reason I know how to spell that is because of that commercial years ago w/that little kids singing ‘my bologna has a first name, it’s Oscar. My bologna has a second name, it’s bologna!’ ‘How’s that?!?!’

What I miss? I’ve been asked this a couple of times. 2 things. My nights out with my girlfriends and butter. And not necessarily in that order!!!! Ellyn, Amy, I think you both might be our first visitors….leave room in your bags for a couple of pounds of Land O Lakes Salted Butter. I don’t care what you have to do at customs, just get me the butter man!!!

What I don’t miss. The price of rum. It’s almost free here. Again, it does the body good. NOT!!!..But sure taste yummy.

The tomatoes here are so good. I mean SO GOOD. The best tom you’ve ever had in the US, that’s them.

Washing machines are pretty much located outside. No dryers. It’s all cloths lines. I like that. Ask me in a year if I still like that.

Empanadas. I’ve been on a mission to find some that blow my mind. Ok, toot, toot, that’s me tooting my own horn. I finally just had to make my own which I’m sure is no where near traditional. I did cheat and bought the dough already made. Then, onion, peppers, garlic, local Pedasi cheese and cilantro….but it’s cilantro like you’ve never had. Fry those babies up in a little ‘butter’ aka ‘yellow slippery stuff’. Oh my!

There’s a crazy bird here. He talks to me in Spanish and then yells at me because I’m not responding like I should. I can’t even understand the damn bird. So I’m trying to teach him ‘Hello. I like you’. Wish me luck.

Tried to open a checking acct today. Yeah right. We need 1 commercial reference. Ok we can cover that with the purchase of our truck however, that was 6 hours away and god forbid they allow emails. Then we need 2 personal reference and not from the US. We’ve been here 2 weeks. Helllllooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment